Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Green with envy

My friend Matt and I went running through some back trails the other day, and among the deer and rattlesnake we encountered (don't worry, we screamed and ran away like you're supposed to), there were wildflowers and tall grass overflowing everywhere. That's one of my favorite things about Spring - one minute everything is brittle and kind of, well, dead, and the next it's lush and green. I am seeing lovely shades of my favorite color all over the place, and I think it's really the mascot shade of the season - it's all about life, renewal, and a sort of warm tranquility. So enjoy it while it lasts, cause I have a feeling June gloom and all its lameness is on it's way, right in time for my Birthday (Debbie Downer style)!
"Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises." - Pedro Calderon de la Barca

1 comment:

  1. green is my favorite color too! i just never seen to use it in my home decor...

    aren't those vertical pocked planters cool? i want a vertical succulent garden up against a wall of my future dream home one day ;)

    ReplyDelete